January 27, 2018, Prescott-
I have been nominated for two awards, since establishing Sagittarian Seeker. One, is a Liebster Award, on which I will comment tomorrow, after a long wait. The other is a Sunshine Blogger Award, bestowed upon me by the estimable Madekesiworld. So, without further ado, here are my answers to his questions!
1. Which country do you come from?
The United States of America
2. What’s your national language?
3. What’s your country’s staple food?
Potatoes and corn
4. Apart from blogging, what else do you do?
I work with autistic teens and young adults; I study a financial planning course; I hike; I practice the Baha’i Faith; I read; I socialize with people in coffee houses; I exercise at Planet Fitness;
5. Would you get married to someone outside your race?
There is only the human race, but yes-most definitely.
6. Do you watch football? If yes, what’s your favorite team?
Once in a blue moon. The Patriots, because my late uncle had a financial interest in them and besides, I am a New Englander-even in diaspora.
7. Do you think nations should do more to manage global warming?
I believe nations, and their citizens, should do more to stem climate change.
8. Christian or Muslim? What’s the one thing you love about the other religion?
I am a Baha’i. I believe that Divine Revelation is never final. I love the commitment that the majority of both Christians and Muslims have to the Teachings of their respective Manifestations of God, which, contrary to public perceptions, include injunctions to practice peace.
9. Which is your favorite music genre?
Contemporary rock and folk.
10. Which music genre do you hate the most? Why?
Death metal, because it is so negative.
11. Who would you choose between Donald Trump and North Korea’s Kim Jung-un?
Trump, because there is a peaceful mechanism in place, by which he can be removed from office.
So, here we are, with my questions to those, who will be named below.
- Which languages, other than English, do you speak?
- Which is your favourite place in the world?
- In that place, which is your favourite spot, in which to spend time?
- Do you see life as “half empty” or as “half full”?
- Do you dream in colour?
- What do you regard as the greatest challenge facing mankind, today?
- Do you honour, or despise, those who think differently from you?
- In what are you experienced?
- If you could visit any place on Earth where you have never been, where would that be? Why?
- Do you have a pet? Which kind of animal is it?
- What is your favourite genre of literature?
Now, here is my list of nominees. I can only list nine, as the rest of you have your blogs off of hyperlink.