January 10, 2016, Prescott
I need to lighten up a bit, so here are # 2 and 3 of this Scavenger Hunt, given me by #Infiniterally
Scavenger Hunt, Winter 2016 ( can be subject, title, literally, conceptually, as metaphor, merely incorporated in details, used thematically, used as inspiration, but should use all elements from that prompt one way or another. Technically. Just let your mind wander between them- it will come to you 😉 ) ( I am doing them in order for the first time ever, but there is no actual rule about it) ( because there are no rules) ( except for maybe do something you love, every day.)
- an owl.
- a bonnet, pudding, alligator, stone, oboe, mermaid
- A doctor, a lost recipe, church.
- a herpetologist, obscure records, coffee, broken glasses.
- winter planets and constellations.
- love letter, werewolves, taxi service, lost key, fish sticks.
- strange noises, wax paper, narcolepsy, gold fish, red head.
- vivisection, ants, Scandinavia, horseshoe, susurration
- Things that shouldn’t be discussed in present company
- happiness, beet root, angels, tacks, noose
- first kiss, a planet, a type of plant, bread crumbs
- conch shell, a memory, pending failure, root beer.
- portrait of the artist as ______________
- contains a line from 18th century poetry
- wet sheets, fire, corvids, milk
- garden shed, moon, antlers,
- mild, ochre, bulb, tail, scale
- sonnet, astronaut, cheese, glitter, karaoke
- gin, delicate, hook, basset hound, pearls, hibiscus
- contains a line from a famous diarist.
- tea, tiger, night, train, television, tie
- tower, kettle, hawk, charm, cotton
- Contains a quote from a notable convicted felon.
- stag, crown, high beams, pin, reckless
- thumb, thistle, whistle, blizzard, canned peaches, bell
- contains a line from a National Geographic
- algebra, lip, chalk, music, hair, eyelash, storm
- hamster, ornamental grass, Tokyo, phone book, popcorn machine
- ice fishing, sock, coyote, magazines, deception
- embryo, kangaroos, peat, bones, blister, ring
- conceptual art
- con-artist, puberty, spider venom, Cheetos.
- contains a line from WebMD.com
- oil, dog fish, huevos rancheros, estranged sibling, pocket knife
- something that happened in first grade, a Winnebago, a rocket kit.
- heron, billiards, locket, guitar pick, promise, scar
- contains a line from a Bob Dylan song.
- rain dance, microscope, mercury, road trip, beef jerky
- contains a line from a historical document
- mystery, flannel, honey, long-distance romance, elm leaf
- bergamont, denim, elevated, keening, millipede, going dutch
- contains line from the label on a house-hold product
- comic books, poison ivy, chain, fire pit, tooth
- Flight of the Bumble Bee, blue eye shadow, garage door, wiener dog
- ganache, cancellation, magnifying lens, unmentionable sex toy, birds
- hypoglycemic, tarragon, mountains, fleas, stitches, Dear John
- contains a line from a utility bill.
- tadpoles, anniversary, pin prick, bbq sauce, teleportation, geneology
- blood oranges
- contains a line from a short story written in 1957.
- treasure map, turkey vultures, dodge pick up, mosaic, port-a-potty
- fork, cockroach, iceberg, tendril, regret
- Northern lights, prehensile, love in all its forms, dish soap
- chain saw, archipelago, tandem, rabbit, emerald
- an ornithologist, bad jokes, erector set, cormorant, Elvis
- folk musician, cabbage, elk, fortified, mystified, terrified.
- Emu, lunatic, drone, missing, Hank Williams, music box
- fur trader, damsel fly, okra, true love’s kiss, organ donation
- Contains a line from a pet care manual.
- secretion, ambulance, dahlia, gale, Job, tassles
- hula dancer, subway, harpoon, faith, Moscato
- beautician, spaceship, hot dogs, Fig Newtons, The Grateful Dead
- pirates, foil, needle, turpentine, wigs, garden gnome
- contains a line from a movie starring Anthony Hopkins.
- orchard, denial, ember, last call, insomnia, pigeons.
It was almost 8 A.M., and the sun was getting a bit too high in the sky for the swamp creatures to stay close to the water’s surface. Alphonse, being a grouchy sort of alligator, decided to stop checking out the nosy, noisy humans who were standing around his corner of the pond.
The bayou is fairly close to the Gulf, and the water in this particular pond was getting to be a bit brackish. Alphonse was getting used to more salt in his food and drink, though it was giving him a fair amount of indigestion, though not nearly as much as he had after that oil spill.
It seems funny now, but he had somehow managed to end up wearing a child’s bonnet, after that accident. It had fallen into the water, been carried to the bayou and covered Al’s head and eyes. He bonked into a rather large retaining wall stone, while thrashing around, trying to get the darned thing off. Tourists gathered and were photographing the hapless alligator. One, who was eating butterscotch pudding, from a cup, listened to Alphonse’s growling and moaning. He said the gator reminded him of a mermaid playing an oboe.
It’s not all fun and games, being an alligator.
#3- Doctor Miranda’s wife was a bit ill today, so he generously offered to take her enchiladas con pollo to the parish potluck. He placed the recipe in his suit pocket, in case any of the other ladies wanted it, after eating some of his dear Luisa’s signature dish.
As he was going towards the parish meeting room, after church services were finished, he took the recipe out to make sure he understood all the terms. A gust of wind came up and blew the recipe out of the good doctor’s hands and off into a copse of trees.
Everyone raved about the enchiladas, though.